Well, I dont think we did at all.
I sat down the hall where he could not see me as they took him in. He was grinning and cooperating at that point. It was the hardest 30 minutes I have spent.
They called me in. They said he wouldn't sign, speak or even acknowledge them. They said they even took an obnoxious bell and rang it under the table he sat at and he ignored them. They asked me if he could hear!! They said he wouldn't even stack blocks. What was going on in there?
I walked in and my sweet boy was sitting at the table ignoring everyone as they sat around holding pens and notebooks. All of their cases full of toys to measure him with were open and undisturbed. I looked at the speech therapist and the school psychologist and they just shrugged their shoulders. I sat down in the little tiny chair beside him. He smiled up at me as I picked up the blocks. I said "hey baby boo, lets stack blocks" and I put one on the table. He immediatly picked up the blocks and started stacking. The psychologist grabbed her pen and started writing. She said "How many did he stack? Seven? Eight?" I told her the most he had ever stacked was 11.
I wondered what happened in there. I get the eval results on Tuesday. Why is this so scary for me?
She asked me a lot of questions about what he does and doesnt do. I know eveyone has been through this. Is this typical? I didnt leave there feeling very good about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Oh that sounds stressful. I wonder why they didn’t’ have you in the room the entire time, do you know? Aden’s just turned 3 and I cant see him, engaging with strangers. It talks him a bit to warm up to family when we haven’t’ seen them for a while. You could always tell them the first lesson was on “Stranger danger” lol
Post a Comment