Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Trip to Boston...just thinking

Our trip to Boston was so fulfilling. Finally we were able to see children of all ages with Down syndrome. Now this doesnt seem like such a big thing to other people but to us it was comforting. We enjoyed loving on all the babies and talking to the kids. It was so much fun watching the teens trying to be cool and the adults reaching goals.
And other parents...there were other parents like us, insecure, not sure if we able to or evem deserve the privledge of raising Artie...

One thing I learned about this journey we are taking is that joy is everywhere, as is sadness. There is common thread among humans, the feelings and hopes. It is life. The life of a special little boy who wandered into our arms and grabbed our heart. The theme was well stated..."more alike than differnet"

1 comment:

Amy Flege said...

Hi!! It was so great meeting you and your family. Did you get the pictures I sent you? I hope so!
Hug that sweet boy from us!

Tell me!