Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just an update...He is staying at 99.4 to 100.8 right now. I am giving him lots of fluids and he hasnt vomited (which is supposed to be impossible but is not) or had to be vented since before lunch. He is not dehydrated because I am giving him an ounce or less of pedilyte every half hour by tube.

His local Ped declares that on top of everything going on that he has the stomach flu..hence the nausa and continued fever. She said that it has to run its course.

I agree that he is reacting to something. I think the fever is related to the incision too. It is a pocket of infection. The doctors say it is not the titanium.

The implant goes along the scar and beyond at the shoulder blade and along the spine to the point of the recent incision. They feel like it would be all along the site of the old scar too. They only went in at the base to lengthen the rod.

I think there is bacterial infection from the surgery and a reaction to the material used to close. I have to find out what was used. I think it was skin glue. So far no calls returned on that question.

They want me to wait another 24 hours for the antibotic to work. He is in less pain but still hurting so we are on top of pain management.

I am cleaning it with a weak solution of peroxide and putting fresh bandages on with bactroban and mepilex every three hours to monitor it. I have outlined it and measured it and my thoughts are this:
If it increases in size one tiny bit, his temp goes up again or if it begins to drain we are going in.

ER said they would keep readmitting me as long as I kept coming back. The ER here is useless so we have to drive up to Atlanta. And we will.

Keep praying for lil Ty man...

No comments:

Tell me!