Long story short...from 12/27
He now has RSV and aspiration pneumonia AND a major pocket of infection in his back. They are listening this time. They are taking steps to help and monitor the incision and check for his body rejecting the implant. He is in NICU. I am told to expect him to be there at least 5 days. The worst possible thing would be a stap infection now...
All of you were right about camping out at ER. I am ticked that it took so long to get him the help he needed. I believe he had RSV last weekend. I believe he had pneumonia last weekend too. I also believe that the pocket of infection came from the skin glue and that there are other issues going on too..thanks to all of you.
On the 24th he began to cough and wheeze and I thought asthma and started breathing treatments...his temp would not go away. He turned a tint of blue on the 25th and I took him in again. They put on the pulse ox and it was 81...they said "oh its not that..its broken" and I turned into a bear...they gave him oxygen because I demanded it. I called his ped and she had another doctor come in and she looked at him and said we cant handle this...call for transport. Finally they called for transport to Egleston.
It was like winning the lottery...in walked the best EMS team I have ever met. They checked him and asked the ER people have you done A B C? Nope, no RSV testing, no chest Xrays, not wound cultures..nothing but the oxygen mom demanded. So we were on our way. Fog so thick you couldnt see 10 feet ahead...very poor visability.
We made it and when we walked in some of the same doctors were there...the EMS guys began reporting. The docs started questioning me as to when it begain and why we waited so long. I had say that we were there last weekend and the same tests were NOT done then too. I told them that we had been calling and IMing and emailing pictures and updates to all the doctors and told to wait. They kicked in with the testing.
*****
So far he has pulled out the IV four times. They called the EMS guys back in to help put it in this morning and they are using seditives to calm him down. He is screaming at the top of his lungs when someone comes in. They can hear him in the parents waiting area down outside of NICU and down the hall. Ken went in to give me a break and I cant stand it...I have to go back to him. I am going to call a few people and get back but I will update again as soon as I can. The IV antibotics are going to be our best hope for improvement and we will deal with everything as it comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
My goodness...I hope things are looking up very soon. He's obviously a tough little guy!
Post a Comment