Wednesday, December 17, 2008

VEPTR II expansion surgery

I know its been hard to follow along but Ty just had his second VEPTR expansion surgery at Egleston and was in and out in quick fashion. It was wonderfully brief~ He did so well we were able to go right home!!! YES!

Now the worry news. This one is going to take prayer.

Dr Oswald says he doesnt like the way it looks. It looks to me like the "hook" attached to his lumbar spine has shifted or migrated. He wants to remove the bottom part of the device and move it to the pelvic bone. Another long incision?

Photobucket

This is not what I want to hear. I have to ask for a second opinion. So off we go to get one. Meanwhile his surgery is supposed to be scheduled for April.

1 comment:

RK said...

Wow... that pic looks kinda scary since I don't know what I'm looking at. I hope your second opinion provides some peace for you. I've no experience with this particular problem, but I can pray!

Tell me!