You know, if I were driving a car without insurance and an authority stopped me, would I be innocent and allowed to blow off my responsibility if I said "we are out of money"? No, its not legal.
However, my child needs PT,OT, adaptive seating and a communication device BECAUSE the school employees do not sign. The reply? The school system does not have a PT or OT to send out to homebound children. No money! And lets not hurry into the communication device...thats not the best choice for him. And signing is not either? Oh right, thats just a problem because none of the teachers dont use ASL. And the adaptive seating to give him trunk support and perhaps maybe the ability to sit and attend for longer periods of time? Their eyes glazed over...
Yet it is against the law for them NOT to provide these things that he needs. But it is ok, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
First of all, it's illegal for the school district to deny appropriate accommodations because of budget issues. NOT YOUR PROBLEM. They aren't even supposed to mention it! Sounds like you need to find an advocate. Many agencies provide them for free.
you are soooooo right. I am ready. We have a follow up meeting in two weeks.
Post a Comment