Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just a thought here

Those blurbs that end with 'everyone make this your status for 24 hours" seem to bug me but my sister, what a sweet heart, posted this on her facebook...

My wish for 2010 is that people will understand that children with disabilities do not have a disease; children with disabilities are not looking for a cure but ACCEPTANCE........93% of people won't copy and paste this, WILL YOU be one of the 7% that does and make this your status for at least an hour..

And then posted this in response to someone else...
I understand the occasional "your retarded" comment...but, being the aunt of a beautiful, amazing, loving downs syndrome child, I find the hard core "retard" comments offensive. So, if you think that finding humor in anothers disability that entertaining, please delete me as a facebook friend....cause I have already deleted you.

Hummm an advocate in the making!

1 comment:

Tom P. said...

Stop it... you're making me cry! :)

Tell me!