This child is growing up before my eyes! He starts signing sometimes and either I can't keep up or he's making it up as he goes...but he is trying to communicate!
The teacher came today with the ST from the school and shared the ***good news!*** that his communication device was approved and that he is getting a 32 slot device, brand unknown, by next Monday we hope. WOWSERS! That is awesome...I think.
As she was standing there he walked by close behind his teacher signing for the red ball. She saw it and asked what he was saying...she didnt see the ball in his teachers hand. I love that. That he is signing to his teacher. Not that she knows signing but hey, he is signing to her anyway which is more than he has done before. Before it has always been just us at home and mostly me. Well you know those looks you get when it comes up....
I say "Hey Ty signed 'I want the dinosaurs please' today." And _______ (you fill in the slot, friend, teacher, doctor, neighbor) looks at me in sober unemotional silence as if to say 'oh, sure'. It's like they dont want to tell me it didnt happen.
Have you ever felt like you need a witness?
He is growing and happy. Changes are good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Sounds like he's doing so well with signing. And yes, I know what you mean about sometimes feeling like we almost need proof to back up what we say about our kids or what they can do. Crazy, but true.
Have you tried the Signing Times videos? Mikey loves them and he has learned so much from them.
Post a Comment