I can tell his lung capacity is diminished and he is giving in to the curve. When he sleeps on his back he is kind of in a semi circle.
Little man has been through it. Here is his back since the bottom portion of the rod was removed...lot of scars there but the bright red one is the most recent.
Again they will go into the same incision and replace the rod, attaching to the remaining hardware mid spine and attaching it by screw to the lower back bone.
The doctor says that he hopes to regain 30 degrees. We will work on balance again.
Then in July the same surgery will be done to the other side. Another rod. Attached to two ribs and running down to his pelvic bone.
This makes me angry, sad, ache inside. It makes me sick.
Excuse me while I dont deal with this gracefully. Where is his childhood? Where is the time for him to run and play and grow? I cant fix this.
All I can do is make him laugh every chance I get. All I can do is make him smile at toys, games and all the things to see the world offers.
It really scares me to think his skills could regress becasue of surgery...but we will work on it. We will keep finding his smile.









No comments:
Post a Comment