Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Evaluating the Results

Finally we are on the other side. "Other side" meaning that the incision is closed and we can resume some sort of normal routine. The screws that were backing out at his lower back are gone. Thank goodness.
As with any surgery, its a "wait and see" issue. This always keeps me on my knees.





We were surprised to find that the rod on the right side is broken. It was repaired as best it could be in OR. At the 6 weeks check up (has it been that long?) we found out it has to be replaced. It has to be completely replaced. Another major surgery. My stomach lurches everytime I think of it. And on the left side, the rod rubs against his shoulder blade. He is not using his left arm as much now.

I think...how long can this go on? How many times can he endure this? How can I stop it? I cant take everyday things for granted.

Small things are cause for celebration. Our success in home school is a celebration every day.

Here is what Ty did yesterday!

My amazing little man matched the numbers with the number word and then counted leaves and matched the number of leaves with the word and number! Awesome work!
The truck was just for fun becasue he loves trucks :) ! His fun work.

No comments:

Tell me!