I am home.
Eight weeks...you begin to go stir crazy in the parents lounge!
A new friend and I had to. I mean the terminology was lacking. There were so many new phrases that they had to come up with to describe "not eating" which is non compliant, "resistance" which is a CI, "spitting the food out and mom scooping it up and giving it back" which is expelling and representing"...and a lot more. How quickly I forgot!
But they did not have one for over feeding a child. I mean if you have never eaten solids before and you start swallowing and suddenly you are getting meals 45 minutes apart and WOW are they feeding you and YOU ARE TOO FULL, what do you call it? Especially when you are about to EAT AGAIN in 45 minutes! "Stuff the baby" is our term!
Another fun one was protocol drift...I think that was when I didnt do what I was told to. LOL! Have they met me? Generally I am compliant but after 5 weeks and a few episodes of "stuff the baby" and a tummy ache, I am non compliant.
Now it seems that most behaviors at the table are "escapes" from eating. Like if he is fed too much or too fast and throws up, that is an escape tactic? PPFFFFTTTT! OK. I am non compliant on that one.
Oh yes, and give me a child what didnt sleep one night and a morning with out any coffee! Oh and top that off with me coming in to a suprise protocol change that I get to do! Oh wait! I have one better...give me a medical supply company that feels my order will no longer be covered by my insurance because Artie swallows. Lets not mention that he has a G tube and need honey thick liquids to swallow. Or that he is NOT getting his nutritional needs met yet. Boy that was a fun week!
All joking and complaining aside...Artie is where he is today because of the great staff there. He is eating and beginning to chew and the rascal actually slurpped on a straw today! That being said, I have to add that they did it with a mama bear watching over him. They were amazingly respectful of that.
Did I mention that I am too old to have adopted? Eight weeks is a long time!
The gift I gave the good doctor was chamomile tea for her office...just in case she gets another parent like me...grrrrr~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment