Thursday, April 23, 2009

Days fly by...and then there is the bubble mower

We are down to one week. One week left. I will be so happy to get home.

We have met some wonderful people here. Let me tell you how supportive everyone is at the RMH! One family that we have become close to has found a spot in Arties heart.
He looks for them everytime we come down and they have done their best to spoil him!
One day we came in and it was such beautiful weather that we went out to play. I was blowing bubbles for Artie cause he loves loves loves them! The next day we came in and there was Raymond and Kenneth with a bubble mowerfor him! I dont know what inspired them to do this but they could not have gotten him a more beloved gift. I think Artie pushed it til he dropped that day. He had it outside for a while but he kept trying to put it in the car. He would go to the car and try the door and then go to the other side and try the door. I could never figure out why because I am sure he would have had a melt down if the door was shut with it in there. Later he kept wanting to take it on the elevator to the room. The afternoon and evening flew by and it came time to go upstairs for a bath.
He would not let go to get in the bath tub. The mower had to be IN the tub with him for him to cooperate!
After bath we had some things to get done and it had to ride in the stroller with him and when I put my foot down and said no, he resorted to holding on to the handle and pulling it. At one point, every where we went he had to push it in front of the stroller.
Now love is love but this was silly...he wanted it all the time! Even bed time. The second night I figured out that we could use the wagon and it could sit in there with him. He was happy with that. Later I figured out how to mount it on the shower and get him in the bath with out him having to share the bathtub with the mower! By the third day I hid it under the desk...the boy eats, sleeps and dreams of this mower! I said I think this is fine training for mowing the lawn when he grows up...but somehow I never dreamed it would become attached to him!

You should see how we have to get out of the room in the mornings...so he doesnt see the mower!

No comments:

Tell me!