Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to school!

This morning was exciting and sad for me. Artie went back to school.

Getting up with him was a joy. He was smiling and calm. We laughed and played a little. We got dressed and fixed our breakfast...

That sounds so strange! "fixed our breakfast"! Artie ate waffles with butter & syurp, apples & pears and enjoyed them as Curious George entertained him.

Off to school we went. He giggled as we got out of the car and went in. Everyone greeted him and he responded waving his hand. Once in the room he was greeted by smiles from the children and they called out to him. Being socially acceptable is important. He has little friends there and that means a lot to me. He williingly went in and explored the room from one end to the other. The little table and chairs, the sink positioned at just the right height, the toys and books. I could tell he felt right at home.

As he sat at the table with the other children, having a second breakfast of applesauce, I went over the paperwork with the nurse. I was sad that they could not comply with his feeding requirements, but therapy is a must. I left my number for the therapist when she comes in.

For two months, we have been together everyday, all day. I miss him. The house is too quiet! The school is two blocks away. Maybe I should run over there and see him? LOL, no! I have to let him have this. I will wait until lunch and go! LOL!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Have you been feeding him his meals at school? How has he been eating? I am taking Grace to school next week. I'm worried she will have a hard time separating from me. She is already crying a river when I go upstairs to brush my teeth and she is downstairs. I will be feeding her at school. There is only one more week.

Tell me!