Friday, May 1, 2009

Hey! Turn that off!

This afternoon I heard a strange noise.

Artie had climbed up on the furniture and reached the DVD player, opened it and inserted the DVD of his choice.

I think constant TV at the Marcus Institute has him hooked. And evidently his experience with the TV, DVD player and VCR there has paid off for him.

He had picked out a DVD and when I came in he began to explain his position in baby talk and signing. He signed want, work, and no-no. I get it. He wanted it, it was hard work getting it out of the case and climbing up there with the DVD AND then figuring out how to open the player. And here comes mom with the scolding and NO NO!

As I took him down he hugged the DVD and fussed at me. I looked to see which one it was and I had to laugh. It was the Elmo goes to the doctor one. I think he got so used to being checked by the nurse in Atlanta that he wanted to see Elmo get the stethoscope treatment.

Did I play it? Yes, after all, he did all that work.

No comments:

Tell me!