Friday, May 1, 2009

First day home...

My brother in law. He is the neatest person. Always cleaning the car, putting up stuff and picking up. Even ironing...
That genetic coding stopped there. I have pictures, proof, documented and filed that my dearest one does not carry the "neat gene".

Nothing, I mean NOTHING he touched in two months was put up. At the end he gathered it all up and put it in sacks and boxes. When I got home he looked at me seriously and said with a steady voice "WE have too much stuff". He did not even flinch. Shall we start with his desk? LOL!

The drawers are empty. The linen closet is empty. The dish washer is empty. The book shelves are empty. The medicine cabinet is empty. It is all either placed on counters for handy use or in the sink or laundry room. The books are piled on the tables with various daily needs. The other odds and ends are stuffed in boxes and bags and placed at the ends of sofas under tables. Ok I exaggerate but slightly.
It is like we moved but more chaos.
For example one bag I emptied this morning had one evenings choice of videos and a few notebooks and pens with some headphones. That was a small bag for one evening. Imagine two months worth with some weekends thrown in.

Words do NOT escape me. I cannot stop being sarcastic over this! LOL!

On the other hand the bed was clean, Amy. The sheets like I left them. Clean and well made.

I found his bed made of a blanket and a pillow on the sectional sofa in with some books beside it. Oh yeah, and the bag of chips and cookies and an empty soda can. Sweet man said "Thank goodness you are home. I couldnt sleep."

That reminds me of the genetic traits he has that made me fall in love him. Oh yes, the calm nature, the supportive listening, the bond that developed between us. Dont tell anyone but after everything was said and done between us and Artie went to sleep in his own bed, a warm hand reached over and held mine for the longest time. I fell asleep listening to the steady breathing of both my guys. Its good to be home.

Ok now I will clean up some more. LOL...he is actually good at helping when I am home. Now I see how he would live if he lived alone.

1 comment:

Amy said...

If your sheets were clean, where did your DH sleep? Poor man! He needs you to keep things orderly for him. Where would he be without you!?

Tell me!