Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day two and rescheduled again!

Well they added strep thorat and reflux to the laundry list. Oh my!

Little man is resting and trying hard to breathe. He is a trooper. As I look at him I realize we aren't here for a quick in and out. The upside is that its the local hosptial. He is my little hero.

I called Philly and surgery is delayed until he is two weeks away from antibotics and so we wait. He needs more time. I dont mind that so much but it sure builds up anxiety each time we get close. It seems my tummy is in knots! Each time I am so thankful we have more "well time" when it is really not "well time" but its differnet from post surgery. I just cant explain it...no words.

Seems they are unsure of whether the AP came from reflux or aspiration. Maybe I fired the MI too soon? I dont think so. He was sick and the nurses followed the recommendations to the letter. If he gags, keep feeding. If he vomits, wipe it up and keep feeding. No I think they are still fired.
I am thankful for what we accomplished but it ends there. We are going to take it slow from now on.
UGH back to previcid...

No comments:

Tell me!