A little background first...
We cared for two children for almost four years. They were so fond of Artie, especially the young lady, Sam...all of 10 now. She was here when he was brought to me at three weeks old. She has watched him grow for almost three years. They were always playing together and she doted on him. Anyway, they were able to go and live with mom a couple of months ago. They had prayed for that for years. The transition was smooth. Artie was at the Marcus Institute and never missed a beat when we got back and they werent here. I know he missed them but he did not express it.
The Surprise!
On Saturday night late Sam came for a visit to stay a few days. Artie was asleep after a hard day's work admiring Baby Bear and Rosita at the show.
On Sunday morning early, very early, he woke. He went into her room and climbed in her bed. He sat there playing at her back. I came to the room door and asked him "Is that sister?" He turned around to look at her so fast and squealed and jumped on her, as if he just knew it and wasnt sure until I said it. It was the funniest thing. She has very red hair and instantly he was grabbing handfuls, not pulling but playing, and squealing with delight.
She woke up and turned over to him with the biggest smile and he jumped into her arms. It was the sweetest reunion. She kept saying she missed her brother...it was an emotional moment.
They played all day...in his room, in the pool, in the yard. It has been such a day! A surprise Sunday! I am exhausted and I know he is too...girlfriend, however is still going strong making plans for tomorrow. What fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment