Artie did not recongnize the room because it was after dark when we got home. It was sad at first. Then he found one of his toys and one discovery led to another. Within an hour he was home and knew it. He was delighted.
I have to pause here and mention that DH made good on his promise to get started on the cabinets. I didnt recongnize the house either. Sadly I was too late to stop his good intentions. Clean up begins tomorrow at 7am. Thank goodness for friends.
I was delighted to be done and leave the Institute (sounds ominous doesnt it? Sort of like a gothic thing or a whisper "did you hear she was at an institute for 8 weeks?"), but I will miss so many!
Artie will greatly miss his dear friend and playmate GB. There was a real love/hate relationship going on there. He couldnt stand to be without her, but he loved to make her fuss. It was the classic boy chase girl scene on a daily basis with these kids! She would bring a new toy and get close to him, smiling, and he would go for it and then it was on!
A true princess to the end, Miss G helped with the cake and refused to allow pictures. No paparazzi please! Mom, remember your promise to send some!
Artie will miss his buddy J. Although older, J was always so gentle with Artie. They played chase and giggled alot when Artie wasnt turning on and off the TV or picking at Miss G! Yup it was within his reach!
And his new friend D! D was new on the scene but I am sure they would have been fast friends!
The trip home was quiet and uneventful. I am sad to report that I missed an invitation to visit Miss Sofia and hold her and show off Artie's new eating skills! I unplugged my computer and packed on Wednesday night and missed the email.
HOWEVER Miss Sofia, if you are still up for company we will be traveling again on the 14th of this month and we will come within 5 miles of your house!
Now to go to my room and go to my bed! Think I will sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
So glad you made it home safely. G dearly missed Ty-baby today. She would get busy doing something and then stop, look around and ask, "Where did Ty go?" I explained to her in a flourish that Ty took his bites and swallowed them and he got to go home because he ate it all!! She looked at me and said, "I will do it too!" I fully believe she will, just as she says, when she makes up her mind to do it. She saw a new sign on the door to Ty's nap room and said, "That's Ty's room." I read the new name to her and she knocked on the door. She definitely misses the chase and doesn't have another person her size to fuss at. Well, we were blessed to have you in our lives for the time we did and we'll have to keep in touch via blog and e-mail for sure. One day, a reunion should our paths cross again!
Post a Comment