Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And all things grow and change

We are about to embark on fosterparenting again. This time with a little more caution.
Artie is doing well right now. We are delighted with his progress and his joy. I love it when he watches intently as we do something. When I notice that, before long he is doing it himself. Grabbing dads shaver and shaving (YIKES!), combing his hair, bushing Big Birds beak, starting his own videos. LOL he takes off his shirt now. He came home from nursing care with a new skill, spitting! Thankfully no saliva but making the gesture and noise just the same. Its only a matter of time before there is spit! He is a handful on his own!




Here in lies the issue. We have to be careful. He is so teachable now. Learning so fast. What kind of things will another child teach him here at home when I am not looking? Now I have to be selective in which child I can take.

I feel guilty about this. I worry that there is a child that needs help.

1 comment:

Artie's Aunt said...

what a naughty lil guy tell him Aunit Hope said off the table

Tell me!