Monday, September 28, 2009

101 Dalmations Laugh


Ty was waiting for surgery today. He got to watch 101 Dalmations for the frist time.
Have I mentioned that I love his firsts?
Even the opening credits were funny to him. He laughed and giggled and laughed.

Then they came in with the pre op meds. As they took effect he continued to laugh and smile. We obliged him all the way to OR. When I last saw him he was trying to tickle a nurse. Of course she obliged him and giggled with him.

Later the good news. The doctor was able to remove the lower portion of the implant and clean out the incision. He will be in a body brace or removable cast thing. He will have the mean ole PICC line but thats a blessing compared to the number of sticks he suffered in the past week.
Now to heal up enough to go back to OR and have new metal put in. Now comes the painful part but I know each day will be better for now. We are on the down side.
Thanks to everyone for prayers...thank you for listening to me.

4 comments:

Karien Prinlsoo said...

I hope it all went well and that the medicine agrees and reacts well. I stand in agreement with Lea's prayer.
In which hospital is he...Is he in Atlanta

RK said...

Goodness...so for the little guy! But can I just say he has the BEST smile!! I'd be tempted to let him watch funny movies all the time! :o)

Shea said...

I am so glad he did well during surgery. I have been so worried about him.

Anonymous said...

Karien, yes we are in Atlanta at Egelston...hope to be released by Thrusday...

I agree RK! I jump through hoops to get that smile. He is certianly my heart.

Thank you Shea. Thank you for thinking about him. That means alot to me.

leanna

Tell me!