Tuesday, November 16, 2010

15 days and counting...Emerging skills and a nice distraction!


A nice distraction today. A new teacher. WOW!

A wonderful sub waiting for full time work with the school said she wanted to make a difference. And today she did. My very bored 4 year old did wonderful under her direction. They worked on Pre K sight words and he is really rockin' those words! And mama learned a thing or two about teaching.
She did very well with him. He did what she asked and she let him blow his horn for a few minutes...then back to work.

I have been trying to teach him those words for a year now and just started back on the not long ago. I didnt think he got any of them. He would just sit and watch me. A one woman show going over and over sight words.
And I tried so many things...working with so many different publications and even just a chalk board but he never said them. Oh I thought he did once or twice but nobody else could understand...and he did mama proud today!

I could hear him verbalizing...speaking...saying things at her prompting. I am so amazed at how much he has progressed in the last two weeks. I can only give the credit to one of two things...its either the myomuchie or the new vitamins.






The myomuchie is a mouth peice that a doctor developed for children who grind their teeth, tongue thrust and have sensory issues...did he know my son? Its an interesting therory that seems to be working. Ty C uses it for 30 minutes twice a day. What drives a mama to buy something like that? It was not cheap.

Now at first he hated it...boy was he mad. Now he asks for it. He chews on it and plays with it and uses it proprerly...
And he is speaking much more. Tonight he said "tadpole please"...wow!

No comments:

Tell me!