This is an experiment.
Friends have brought over lots of good junk to sell and I have quite a bit myself...and to be honest, I need to stay out of their junk.
I mean its here to sell to help start the funding for the cookbook, right? But they have such good junk!
I spent two peaceful hours going through a big box of leggos, thank you Debbie. Building things and sorting the mixed sets so "they will sell better". More time was spent(wasted) admiring old purses and some intersting coffee pots that use "pods". Oh my, and the bird cage. Did I say I wanted a bird cage? There is one out there! NO, Ann, NO!
Artie has spent the last two days recovering his forgotten toys. And finding his clothes he out grew and bringing them back to the house. He has also found some interesting things in the good junk. When he goes to bed at night, I return them to the yard sale.
My husband is helping, too. He is busy shoving my stuff from the attic out here. Did you get the "my stuff" in that last sentence? LOL...
Ok I did take his cowboy hat and boots and put out there. He wanted them back. I sold them to him for twenty dollars. Out of his allowance this month.
I guess he didnt think that was fair.
I only know one thing about tomorrow. Well several things, but it boils down to one thing. Its the coldest days of the season so far. The Big Pig Jig is this weekend. It has been raining. My helper canceled due to a personal emergency.
And if this yard sale is successful it will be because of Jehovah's blessings, not anything I do.
For those of you who are not from here and are laughing right now because you find the Big Pig Jig funny I just want you to know it seems to be as popular as the fair...something to be said about a BBQ cookoff and a big to-do about it. I have to take the Big Pig Jig as a serious threat. Ahhh the south...yard sales and the Big Pig Jig.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
If my son's old Legos provide you with therapy, I am thrilled. I don't know how you keep up, and I admire you for your strength. All I can say about the cowboy boots and hat is ahahahahahaha!
Post a Comment