Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 1 for DownS/Manic Monday Oct 1

I think if I woke with more to do on my list, me~n~Artie might just head to the local kids museum and become strays...who needs a home when its this much work?

We waited and waited...no therapist. Ya know, having occupational therapy and physical therapy is not a peice of cake...especially in one day. I made sure lil man was rested, fed and ready...and then no show! Now what could be wrong here? We will do it again tomorrow. He didnt miss them because we ran around so much today that he got lots of exercise! Fine motor skills were honed by picking up all of the cheerieos one by one and throwing them off of his tray...did I mention he has feeding aversions? Physical exercise (upper body strength) was achieved by pulling up and opening all my desk drawers and looking for choice markers to write with. At 19 months the carpet is a fine pallet. Or the desk itself!

He was such a joy today...even when we went to the grocery store. He smiled and flirted with every one. Oh yes he is a charmer! I am constantly surprised how many people come up to me and say "I have a child with Down syndrome too" and ask about him. I always have to look at him really good afterwards to see what they saw. Blinded by love. I have to tell you, I am so proud of him! I used to think "what will I tell people?" but now I cant wait to tell them about him! LOL! And there is a young man who works there who has Down syndrome...ya gotta love Publix! The only grocery store with the anti bacterial wipes for the buggy! My kinda place.

Today he was active again. He took two steps the other day with forward momentum but today he just practiced speed. He actually stood up to cruise later, saw something on TV he thought was hysterically funny and raised both hands in the air to say "yayyyy!" laughing.
What I am saying is he stood up on his own and balanced with no support!!! This occured with me holding my breath and trying not to move. He stood there for at least 20 seconds. Lord, I am in trouble when he starts walking!
A good day in the land of Artie, King of the toy box.

Yep...what a day!

3 comments:

Artie's Aunt said...

OMG I am so proud of him what a bi boy standing up all by himself. He just does more and more each day. I tell ya he is showing up all those doctors that said he wouldn't do things.

Ann said...

He sure is!! He is such an explorer!

Tricia said...

WTG!!!!!! And I HATE planning for two therapies in one day! So hard to do!

Tell me!