With everything going on in the world like wild fires, droughts, war and too much more to mention, the center of my universe is a small boy.
I look around outside our nest and I wonder what kind of world I am raising him to live in. What is going to become of him and how can I keep him safe?
I see the issues with school, discrimination, health care and again, more. I spend hours on the computer searching for educational advantages for him, nutritional advantages, opportunities and most of all hope.
I struggle beside him through therapies, doctors visits and even trying to eat and walk.
I put up baby gates, clear the way for play, use door stops to prevent smashed fingers and even plug the outlets.
Yet it inevitably happens. All the preparation and protection cant prevent it. Nothing can stop our day like a boo boo. He falls and bumps his noggin'!
And ya know, it seems to happen when everyone is home and there is busy oozing in every direction.
Tonight he is sporting a big red egg right under his hair. We did all the right things, ice packs, stay awake, observe and cuddle. Yes, and all the right things to prevent it.
There is no assurance. Not here or out there. We live each day with the joy of being. Even in the mist of circumstances we can't control we have this life and wake each morning anew, seekers of joy, peace and hope. Everything is going to be just fine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment