I pomise I posted yesterday!! I know I did! Call out the computer guys! Get the Admin! Check my log in dates and times! Sniff, sniff! I must have gotten distracted and NOT hit publish post! I will try to reconstruct my post...sniff sniff~
Young at heart is a better place to be that just young...often the young carry around an old heart.
I reflect on all of the faces I have seen in the past two days. All the eager smiling moms and dads, all of the moms and dads with a dull, beaten look, all the children with various handicaps and I have lost myself in a sense of "everything is going to be just fine".
I find that two very different experssions kinda made everyone morph into two people. I saw some parents of various ages laughing and playing with their children, drawing out smiles and giggles. These parents made me smile in those lost hours in the waiting room. They had joy, love, patience and a kind of energy going on. Sure they faced obstacles.
The other experssion was a dull look, a stare with an almost dazed quality. Maybe they were tired. Maybe everything was heavy on their shoulders. I could never know their burden. I saw the same children, children with some of the same disabilities. But there was not a smile at all, unless the nurse came out to say hi and talk to the children. I felt sad and out of place when I was faced with this.
Looking down at Artie in his stroller I found I am 'young at heart'. He looked up at me ready to laugh. I am so glad my home and my family live with the ring with laughter and we joyously pick and prod each other for that giggle that sometimes heals a bumped head, a lost toy, a late report or even flat tire. I have to give credit to my DH here. When we get lost we call it an adventure. We always find our way again.
I know that everything is going to be just fine. I know this now.
Our family is young at heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment