On Mondays I seem to be waiting for people...
Mondays start out with a full calendar of appointments, both here and away, calls to be made, return calls to be waited for, precious pieces of paper to look for, bills to be paid and therapy sessions to be had...
I rush to get the place picked up (can you pick up a house?) and get the vacuum going before 7:30am. I would complain if I were my neighbor.
It seems that most of the good intentions go out the window. Appointments are missed, calls not returned and paper disappeared. So Mondays are the 'hurry up and wait day'. At least 9 hours poised for action, ready I tell you, and there isn't much action.
It may seem like such a waste.
Indeed if not for Artie. He was a delight. We read books, counted fingers and toes, looked at the Internet at his ABC program and his peek a boo game and just talked. He is so expressive. He wows me every day.
I know, other typical kids his age are putting sentences together. So cute they are. (I sound like Yoda) But I figured out something today...I am enjoying watching him grow. And grow he will. He will say those sentences soon enough.
I feel like life moves fast. When high school was over, I thought "so soon?". When I turned thirty, I thought "so soon?. My son is just helping me slow down and enjoy it.
I see the cognitive development. I see him over by the phone, hitting the buttons and then putting it to his ear. I see him open a drawer and when I say "no!" he shuts it. Then when I look away he opens it while he is watching me. LOL...rascal. I see him opening up in so many areas.
On Mondays I always seem to be waiting for people. One person I am not waiting for is Artie...we both know things will happen in their own time and I am happy to be here with him as he develops and grows...on his schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment