Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Day 2 for DownS/ Therapy Tuesday!? 10/2

My boy was up early with the birds, singing in a soft voice to himself. It is a sweet sound to wake up to.

Mind you, if you don’t respond in the required time that soft song becomes a persistent whine, then a serious "don't you know its morning?!" cry!

He has been waking up so hungry lately and I think it’s because we cut out the late evening milk. Reflux will make you do that.
He is ready for his cereal right after early meds. Don’t you dare be late! He gets mad and cries "Da da da da da da!" Ats my boy! He knows who to blame! LOL! Dada is right there in the kitchen mixing the potion that keeps the food down and helps him eat...that he loves to do!

So, ambitious as we were, today we tried to cram in three therapies and two doctors appointments. Could we do it? Artie told everyone he, for one, had had enough by 1pm. I took him serious. You have to. He can stop you cold in your tracks. That little upside down smile of his is just the beginning. We canceled therapies two and three. With no more therapy on the horizon my sweet toddler took a long nap. Serves them right, they should have been here yesterday. It was lovely. I love to watch his peaceful sleep. Now and again, I still have to go make sure he is breathing. Old habits die hard. Today it was a soft even breath with no congestion...mommy's happy!

When he woke we had a lovely physical therapy session all by ourselves. He thinks it is so funny to stand on his wobbly own feet while I am cheering him on. He clutches those chubby hands together under his chin and laughs a hearty laugh, mouth wide open! We make our play occupational therapy. The highlight is shouting "YAY!!" and clapping for every maneuver he makes. He is eager to please. He is such a sweet heart.


When he had his afternoon milk, I watched as he held up his hand looking at it front and back. and I swear this child signed 'MILK'! I was overjoyed! I tried to get him to do it again but he just grinned at me. I know he did it though. We are watching 'baby signing times' together and I am signing away and he just grins. He gets it. I know he does. It’s like "I know it, but you gotta work for it mama!"

We wind up our evening with some snuggly book reading. He loves the textured books and now uses his index finger instead of his thumb to touch each picture. A nice close to a peaceful evening with Artie, King of the toy box!

2 comments:

Campfire Lady said...

Artie's Aunt Kris (who calls him Scooter by the way) is VERY proud of this little guy's accomplishments. Although I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, I do keep up with him by way of pictures. And believe you me, I DO fuss and grumble when I don't get pictures on a regular basis. Please give him a hug and kiss for me!

Mandie said...

Awww...what a wonderful blog!!! I loved reading about what's going on with him, and picturing his reactions. By the way my baby also sings in the morning, and then before ya know it's, he's crying that same "don't you know I'm awake in here" song!!! Give him huggs and kisses for me!

Tell me!